Web Back End/ Application Developer
This individual will build and maintain programming functionality for web-based commerce, database, administrative and other similar modules for our client websites. Being able to assist in maintaining the systems those applications run on is a plus. Our center of excellence is development of Web applications in Linux/Apache/ MySQL/PHP, so depth and breadth of practical and operational experience in this environment is critical.
He or she will need to be proficient building and maintaining elegant and robust custom applications in a PHP environment…from scratch or finding ways to re-purpose existing code. Experience with Concrete5, Joomla!, Drupal and/or and WordPress will help them hit the ground running. Magento is our preferred e-commerce engine, so experience with it is a position requirement. Laravel is our preferred platform for the most robust applications.
We are passionately customer service driven and require our team members to naturally possess that same attitude. The ideal candidate will be a team player who can work well with rapidly evolving client goals, must be able to function without constant guidance and ask questions when something doesn’t make sense. He or she understands they don’t “write code,” they solve business problems. An absolute requirement is a skill set that includes understanding of best practices for usability and intuitive navigation, that come not from just reading about it, but also being a Web consumer themself. We need our developers to relate and interact well with customers and have patience even with those who have a complete lack of comprehension of how this stuff works.
Note: This is a full-time position as an employee in our office in Menomonee Falls, WI. Contractors and offshore workers will not be considered and need not apply.
• MVC & Object based PHP web back end/application development.
• Participate in Concrete5 & WordPress CMS development.
Participate in the estimating, development and testing of MagentoCommerce Solutions and Legacy (OSCommerce) PHP driven e-commerce sites, ensuring strong functionality and optimization, a best in class customer experience, and excellent conversion and ROI.
• Participate in fully custom design and development projects, including the implementation of relational database systems and their web interfaces using Laravel and Zend (etc.) frameworks.
• Responsible for creating accurate project specifications quoting new functionality and scope.
• Responsible for making sure that functionality can be integrated into untuitive, responsive, cross browser compatible UI/UX.
• To work with our sales, project management, design and SEO teams in the project planning and development process.
• To assist the management team in planning of overall company strategy regarding web development and back end programming
• To test and troubleshoot site related issues and support end-users.
• Minimum of 3 years experience with PHP, MySQL
• cPanel/WHM and Linux System Admin experience
• CMS (WordPress, Concrete5, Joomla!, etc)
• Magento E-commerce
• Mobile/Responsive design
• FTP, SSH & Git
• Ability to work and communicate clearly with non technical end user
• A passion to use technology to solve business challenges
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Great work ethic
• Experience with other business-to-consumer e-commerce software
• Knowledge of Payment systems (Authorize.net/Paypal)
• Experience with ERP and CRM systems
• Experience with Teamwork or Basecamp Project Management Software
• Knowledge of retail POS software
• Any experience in the following: Python, C++, Java, VBScript, PostgreSQL.
This is a full-time, direct hire, in-house employee position. We provide an extraordinary environment, flexible start/end times, and an office in the coolest building in Waukesha County working with some of the coolest fellow teammates and most awesome customers in the world. We wrap up the week with a happy hour at 4 every Friday afternoon. We encourage use of Social Media during work hours (it helps build our brand). There’s always free coffee, soda, flavored water, popcorn and candy. We offer health insurance, a great PTO plan, and all the typical paid holidays.
If that sounds appealing, AND you can demonstrate you have the self-discipline, drive, enthusiasm and commitment to deliverables that meet scope, budget and time requirements, send your resume, salary requirements and URL’s of programming projects you’ve done to email@example.com .
Trivera Interactive is more than an EOE. Minorities and women are enthusiastically encouraged to apply!