Web Back-End/ Application Developer
Are you someone who loves programming and building applications and functionality for web-based commerce, database, administrative and other similar modules?
Your experience with Concrete5, Joomla!, Drupal and/or and WordPress will help you hit the ground running. You’ll need to be proficient building and maintaining elegant and robust custom applications in a PHP environment, from scratch or finding ways to repurpose existing code.
Our ideal candidate will be a team player who can work well with rapidly evolving client goals, function without constant guidance and ask questions when something doesn’t make sense. We are a passionate customer service driven team who collaborates on every project. We need our developers to relate and interact well with customers.
Note: This is a full-time direct hire, in-house position as an employee in our office in Menomonee Falls, WI. We offer ample work from home days to accommodate a healthy work-life balance.
Contractors and offshore workers will not be considered and need not apply.
- MVC & Object based PHP web back end/application development
- Accurately estimating and creating project specifications
- Participating in MagentoCommerce Solutions and Legacy (OSCommerce) PHP driven e-commerce sites
- Participating in Concrete5, WordPress CMS development
- Participate in fully custom design and development projects, including the implementation of relational database systems and their web interfaces using Laravel and Zend (etc.) frameworks
- Quality assurance testing throughout every stage of your work on each project
- Responsible for making sure that functionality can be integrated into a responsive, cross-browser compatible framework
- Work with our sales, project management, design and SEO teams in the project planning and development process
- Assist the management team in the planning of the overall company strategy regarding web development and back-end programming
- Test and troubleshoot site related issues and support end-users
- Minimum of 3 years experience with PHP, MySQL
- cPanel/WHM, Apache and Linux system admin experience
- CMS (Concrete5, WordPress, Joomla!, etc)
- E-commerce & WooCommerce
- Mobile/ responsive design
- FTP, SSH & Git
- Ability to work and communicate clearly with non-technical end users
- Excellent organizational skills and time management
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- An understanding of usability best practices
- Great work ethic
- Experience with other business-to-consumer e-commerce software
- Knowledge of Payment systems (Authorize.net/Paypal)
- Knowledge of retail POS software
- Any experience in the following: Python, C++, Java, VBScript, PostgreSQL.
- Assist in maintaining the systems multiple applications run on
- Experience working in project management systems, such as Teamwork or Basecamp
We offer good pay and benefits, including health, vision, dental, and life insurance, a great PTO plan and all the typical paid holidays plus summer hours. A few perks we have include, staff birthday lunches, free coffee, a variety of beverages, popcorn, and candy, an amazing culture and we wrap up the week with the legendary Trivera Happy Hour.
Great workplace environment
We are a casual but focused workplace and provide an extraordinary environment, flexible start/end times, and an office in the coolest building in Waukesha County working with some of the most talented, hard-working, experienced and fun team, who work with some of the best clients. We have also been selected as one of the winners of the Milwaukee Business Journal's 2018 Best Places to Work.
If you have had your fill of a soul-less corporate culture, and are looking for a place that is like family AND you can demonstrate you have the self-discipline, drive, enthusiasm, and commitment to deliverables that meet scope, budget and time requirements then this position is for you.
Email your resume, references and salary requirements to email@example.com
Trivera Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer, minorities and women are enthusiastically encouraged to apply!
Trivera Interactive is one of the upper Midwest's oldest and most respected Web development and Digital Marketing agencies. Since 1996, Trivera has led the market by being among the first in the region to provide e-business, e-commerce, email marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Social Media and Mobile solutions for their clients. Trivera's unique combination of brand focus and open source innovation produces robust solutions and demonstrable return for marketing decision makers in the manufacturing, education, services and non-profit sectors.
Trivera is headquartered in Suburban Milwaukee, in the historic 127-year-old Mill Building in Menomonee Falls. For more information call 262-250-9400