Magento Developer (PHP)
Trivera currently has an opening for a developer with a proven track record of developing and supporting Magento-driven websites.
Note: This is a full-time in-house position.
This individual will primarily build and maintain client ecommerce websites based on the Magento platform - Enterprise or Community Edition. Our center of excellence is development of websites and their supporting applications in MySQL/PHP, so depth and breadth of practical and operational experience in Magento and other Content Managemennt Systems, ecommerce engines and frameworks in this environment is critical.
He or she will need to be proficient building, configuring and maintaining elegant, robust, responsive ecommerce functionality in a PHP environment…with extensive knowlegde of the native functionality in Magento's Enterprise Version, as well being able to identify, customize, and develop froms scratch the plug-ins and extensions necessary to add functionality to a Community Edition as required by client business models. Experience with Concrete5, Drupal, Joomla! and WordPress, and their ecommerce capabilities will also be a plus.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Participate in the requirements discovery, architecting and development of MagentoCommerce Solutions , ensuring strong functionality and optimization, a best in class, responsive user xperience
• Responsible for quoting new project functionality, and developing scope
• Experience in importing data from legacy, ERP, PIM and other data systems into a Magento implemnetation
• Working in an MVC & Object based PHP development, with Source Control (Git, SVN)
• Participate in 100% custom design and development projects, including the implementation of relational database systems and their web interfaces using Zend (etc.) frameworks
• Responsible for cross browser/cross device testing for compatibility
• Ongoing work with our Sales, Account Management and Designers in the project planning, quoting and development process.
• To test and troubleshoot site related issues and support end-users
• Minimum of 3 years experience
• Experience with business-to-consumer and business-to-business e-commerce requirements
• In-depth understanding of object oriented programming.
• Experience w/PHP Frameworks (ie Zend)
• Experience with Front-end development
• Knowledge of Payment systems (Authorize.net/Paypal)
• Experience with Basecamp Management Software, including time tracking
• Mobile/Responsive design experience
• Ability to work with and communicate clearly with non-technical end user
• A passion to use technology to solve business challenges
• Good organizational skills
• Independent and Team worker
• Great work ethic, detail-oriented and highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
• cPanel/WHM and Linux System Admin
• Knowledge of retail POS software
• Experience with ERP and CRM systems
• Ability to expertly integrate APIs for various social, email and other SAAS platforms
• Working knowledge of web marketing, interface design, and architecture.
• Thorough understanding of Web analytics and SEO strategies and implementation.
• Experience implementing and building dynamic landing pages with variable data based on CIDs.
• Motivated self-starter with a high level of initiative and a sense of urgency.
• Passion for delivering results and ability to effectively accomplish goals while working in a team-based, open-office environment.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field a plus.
• Magento-certified a plus (certification within 90 days of hire required).
We are passionately customer service driven and require our team members to naturally possess that same attitude. The ideal candidate will be a team player who can work well with rapidly evolving client goals, must be able to function without constant guidance and ask questions when something doesn’t make sense. He or she understands they don’t “write code,” they solve our clients' business problems. An absolute requirement is a skill set that includes understanding of best practices for usability and intuitive navigation. While Account Managers and Project Mangers are the primary contacts throughout the developments process, we need our developers to be able relate and interact well with customers and have patience even with those who have a complete lack of comprehension of how this stuff works.
We provide an extraordinary environment, in an office in the coolest building in Waukesha County…the 120 year old Historic Mill Building in Menomonee Falls…working with some of the most talented fellow teammates and prominent clients in this market. We wrap up the week with a happy hour at 4 every Friday afternoon. We encourage use of Social Media during work hours (it helps build our brand). There’s always free coffee, soda, flavored water, popcorn and other tasty treats. We offer medical and dental insurance, a great PTO plan, flexible start and end times, competetuve salary and all the typical paid holidays. We have had no staff layoffs, salary reductions or major cutbacks in benefits in over 18 years.
If that sounds appealing, AND you can demonstrate you have the self-discipline, drive, enthusiasm and commitment to deliverables that meet scope, budget and time requirements, send your resume today to firstname.lastname@example.org.