Back-end/Applications Web Developer (PHP)
Trivera currently has an opening for a Back-end/Applications Developer with a proven track record of developing and supporting dynamic Linux/Apache/ MySQL/PHP- driven websites, online applications ad the systems on which they run. Note: This is an in-house position.
This individual will build and maintain programming functionality for Web-based commerce, database, administrative and other similar modules for our client websites. Our center of excellence is development of websites and their supporting applications in MySQL/PHP, so depth and breadth of practical and operational experience in this environment is critical.
He or she will need to be proficient building and maintaining elegant and robust custom applications in a PHP environment…from scratch or finding ways to re-purpose existing code or modify extensions. Experience with Concrete5, Drupal, Joomla! and WordPress will help them hit the ground running. Magento is our preferred e-commerce engine, so experience with it is a plus.
We also have our own website hosting operation, and so experience with L.A.M.P. sytem administration will be a plus.
We are passionately customer service driven and require our team members to naturally possess that same attitude. The ideal candidate will be a team player who can work well with rapidly evolving client goals, must be able to function without constant guidance and ask questions when something doesn’t make sense. He or she understands they don’t “write code,” they solve business problems. An absolute requirement is a skill set that includes understanding of best practices for usability and intuitive navigation. We need our developers to relate and interact well with customers and have patience even with those who have a complete lack of comprehension of how this stuff works.
Desired Skills and Experience
• MVC & Object based PHP development
• Participate in Concrete5 & WordPress CMS development
• Participate in the data and development of MagentoCommerce Solutions and Legacy (OSCommerce) PHP driven e-commerce sites, ensuring strong functionality and optimization, a best in class customer experience
• Participate in 100% custom design and development projects, including the implementation of relational database systems and their web interfaces using Zend (etc.) frameworks
• Responsible for quoting new project functionality, and scope
• Responsible for cross browser
• Ongoing work with our Sales, Account Management and Designers in the project planning and development process.
• To assist IT Management Team in planning of overall company strategy regarding web development, deployment, and search engine optimization
• To test and troubleshoot site related issues and support end-users
• Minimum of 3 years experience
• CMS (WordPress, Concrete5, Drupal, Joomla!, etc)
• E-commerce experience (Magento, Woocommerce)
• Mobile/Responsive design
• Familiarity with Source Control (Git, SVN)
• Linux System Admin (ubuntu preferred)
• Ability to work with and communicate clearly with non-technical end user
• A passion to use technology to solve business challenges
• Good organizational skills
• Independent and Team worker
• Great work ethic
• Experience with business-to-consumer e-commerce software
• Experience w/PHP Frameworks (ie Laravel, Zend)
• Experience with deployment using Git
• Experience with agile development methodologies
• Experience with Front-end development
• Knowledge of Payment systems (Authorize.net/Paypal)
• Experience with ERP and CRM systems
• Experience with project management software such as Basecamp, Teamwork, or Jira
• Knowledge of retail POS software
• Working with Windows, Linux(Ubuntu) & MacOSX
We provide an extraordinary environment, in an office in the coolest building in Waukesha County…the 125 year old Historic Mill Building in Menomonee Falls…working with some of the most talented fellow teammates and prominent clients in this market. We wrap up the week with a happy hour every Friday afternoon. We encourage use of Social Media during work hours (it helps build our brand). There’s always free coffee, soda, flavored water, popcorn and candy. We offer medical and dental insurance, a great PTO plan, flexible start and end times, and all the typical paid holidays. We have had no staff layoffs, salary reductions or major cutbacks in benefits in over 18 years.
If that sounds appealing, AND you can demonstrate you have the self-discipline, drive, enthusiasm and commitment to deliverables that meet scope, budget and time requirements, send your resume today to email@example.com.